Our Rescuer, Redeemer, forevermore



Image result for rend collective good news


He's our rescuer 
He's our rescuer 
we are saved from sin forevermore 
oh how sweet the sound 
oh how grace abounds
we will praise the Lord, our rescuer

there is good news for the captive 
good news for the shamed
there is good news for the one who walked away
there is good for the doubter
the one religion failed
oh the good lord has come to seek and save

He's our rescuer
He's our rescuer
we are free from sin forevermore
oh how sweet the sound
oh how grace abounds
we will praise the Lord, our rescuer

he is beauty for the blind man
riches for the poor
he is friendship for the one the world ignores
he is passion for the weary
rest for those who stride
oh the good Lord is the Way, the Truth, the Life
yes. the good Lord is the Way, the Truth, the Life

He's our rescuer
He's our rescuer
we are free from sin forevermore
oh how sweet the sound
oh how grace abounds
we will praise the Lord our rescuer 

so come and be chain less
come and be fearless
come to the foot of Calvary 
there is redemption from every affliction 
here at the foot of Calvary 
so come and be chain less
come and be fearless
come to the foot of Calvary 
cause there is redemption 
from every affliction 
here at foot of Calvary 

oh He's our rescuer 
He's our rescuer 
we are free from sin forevermore
oh how sweet the sound
oh how grace abounds 
we will praise the Lord our rescuer
we will praise the Lord our rescuer 
hey everyone,
I guess you could say that I have been a little incognito lately, well specifically since June of last year! That is insane. So much has happened between then and now, but everything for a reason and season. I have finished my first year at college at Cedarville University and it has been an incredible experience. Leaving the Eastern Shore was definitely one of the hardest things I had to decide. For some, that may sound completely crazy, but for me it was something I contemplated. I mean do not misunderstand me when I say that, because I do want to see the world but the question of whether I should leave or stay for two years doing community college were looming over me. For many, the right decision was to stay and finish the "gen-ed's", which is super smart, but for me it was deciding to go to Ohio... sounds kind of weird right? Maryland --> Ohio...yeah I know weird. However, for me it has meant much growth and development in my life that has been a blessing and fruitful to my walk with Christ. While being away I not only grew in my love for coming home and being here on the Eastern Shore, but I also now see the good balance between being away and enjoying what you have right at home. For me, going away has brought me back to the basics. As a Christian, and being raised in a Christian home my whole life, the stories and morals have always been instilled in me, but it was not until I actually left home and began living out life on my own more did I realize more and more that I have to start owning what I believe, what I stand up for, what I say, what I do. It is humbling. It is hard. It can be overwhelming. It is incredible. It is exhilarating (and not exactly all in this order--haha). 
Anyway, you might be wondering why I posted this song by Rend Collective, good question. ;) 
I found this song in the archives of this blog because I was planning on writing a review on the album but I was reminded just in general how much this song impacted me and yes, brought me back to the basics of our faith in Jesus Christ. Our faith may take many different turns, but the Lord is our rescuer, He is faithful, He is trustworthy, He is good, and not just yesterday, today or tomorrow, but forevermore. That might be a word hard to comprehend but that is because it is so profound and perfect, it is something so vast and great, it is a gift. The gift we have of knowing our Creator is something we, as believers can hold on to our whole lives and into eternity. This song takes you through what God gave us and the opportunity He gave to all mankind to come to know Him and be with Him forever.
Below you will find a breakdown of the lyrics in the song Rescuer by Rend Collective. 
--> He rescued us from sin by sending His Son Jesus Christ down to earth to die in our place for our sins, taking on our faults and sins.
      + Romans 6:23
      + Revelation 2:11
      + Revelation 20:6
      + Revelation 20:14-15
      + Revelation 21:8
--> He deserves all the praise and glory.
    + Nehemiah 9:5
    + Psalm 30:12
    + Psalm 52:9
    + Psalm 86:12
    + Psalm 89:1
    + Psalm 115:18
    + Psalm 145:1-2; 21
    + Revelation 5:9-13
--> We no longer have separation from God.
--> He is good, Almighty, and shows compassion and love, friend of sinner, stronghold for the weak
   + 1 Chronicles 16:29
   + Psalm 27:4
   + Isaiah 28:5-6
   + Ephesians 2:4-10
   + John 15:13-15
   + Ruth 2:12
   + 2 Samuel 22:3-4
 --> We have rest in Him.
  + Matthew 11:28-30
  + Hebrews 4:1-13
--> We are free from the bonds of sin (chain less)
 + John 8:34
 + Romans 6:6-7
 Romans 6:20-22
 + 1 Corinthians 6:12
--> Be fearless, in reverence towards God but with the mind and heart set to knowing that we should not fear anything that man can do to us
+ Psalm 56:11
+ Psalm 118:6
+ Hebrews 13:6
--> Go to Calvary with a humble heart, realizing we did not deserve such great love and mercy 
  + Luke 18:13
--> Because of Christ's death on the cross and the shedding of His blood we have redemption, forgiveness, and hope
    + Isaiah 53:1-12
    + Matthew 20:28
    + John 1:29
    + Hebrews 9:22
    + 2 Corinthians 5:21
Here is the link where I found these reference and the outline ((https://www.thebereantest.com/rend-collective-rescuer-good-news))
I do love this song and it reminding me that I need to be reminded of the gift I (personally) have been given but a gift you guys also have been given and have the opportunity to receive. Making a decision to follow Christ has been the best decision of my entire life and it was only possible by Christ's death on the cross. Now I can come before the Father (God) and serve Him and glorify Him with my whole life, that is something to be joyful about in any season of life you may be going through right now!
Thank you for stopping by our blog and don't forget to check out Hannah's latest post about awesome and affordable summer bucket list ideas! Also, don't forget to check out our instagram page: @ _peculiar.treasures_
Love you all so very much and hope you have an amazing week <3
~Sarah



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things God Wants His Girls to Know - H

The Truth About Being Low-Key - H

Books in Christian Perspective: The Harry Potter Series - H