Winter Remedy - H

Hey there peculiar treasures! 😁 Happy New Year!

Winter is different all over the world, but where I live things get cold, gray, and dead. Right now we're in the middle of a snowstorm, with lots of wind and freezing temperatures. Sometimes the winter months can really get me down (and I know I'm probably not the only one) and so I created a playlist to remedy the winter blues. 😊 I'll include links to the playlist on both Spotify and YouTube. 👌

Winter Remedy

1. A-Punk by Vampire Weekend
This song has always given me the image of playing in the snow. 😂

2. Glorious Day (Radio Version) by Passion
Both Sarah and I recently attended the Passion Conference in Washington, D.C., and it was an unforgettable experience. 😄 Passion Band makes some amazing worship tunes--100% would recommend!

3. Pride by American Authors
American Authors puts out some catchy music. This one in particular is especially uplifting. 😊 

4. Rescuer (Good News) by Rend Collective
I still remember the first time I saw Rend Collective in concert, before they were famous. They'll always have a special place in my heart. 💘 It helps that they make great Christian music!

5. Forgiven by Crowder
Crowder was one of the music artists headlining Passion--what an amazing Christian man! This song always gets me emotional. 😭

6. The Sound by The 1975
The 1975 makes such groovy music, but most of their songs are dirty. But GOOD NEWS: I found a clean groovy song by the 1975! 😁 (Any Jess and Gabe fans out there? :3)

7. Beacon by Jimi Cravity
I'll be honest: I'd never heard of Jimi Cravity before Passion. But he is such a wonderful Christian influence, and I love the sound of his music! 💓 This was one of the songs he performed at the conference!

8. Alaska by Maggie Rogers
Just a chill tune, good for bopping down the street and pretending to make a music video. 😂 

9. Hope Lives by Beckah Shae
If you love Meghan Trainor (or fifties-style music), Beckah Shae is a wonderful Christian alternative! Personally, I love the peppy vibe of her music, and her messages are always so inspiring!

10. Simple Pursuit by Passion
Another song by Passion Band--this one slows it down for a bit of worship time. 😇 When I sing this song, I feel like I'm singing right to God, and it allows me to open my heart and fully communicate my level of dedication to Him. 💓 "A heart beating for your kingdom to reign . . . God, take us back." (Thanks for the recommendation, Brittany. 😊)

11. Reckless Love by Cory Asbury
We're deep in the worship now. This song is my all-time favorite from the Passion conference. 💞 If you've read my blog post "Worth, Purpose, and Cake," you know I struggle with self-worth. This song addresses that flaw in me directly and simultaneously resolves it--"Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God. Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine. I couldn't earn it, I don't deserve it, still you give yourself away. Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God!" 😌

12. Spirit Break Out by Kim Walker-Smith
This song brings back memories of a summer camp I attended for many years in a row. 💓 When I hear it, I can feel the Holy Spirit moving--I can still hear the voices of the campers all raised in song, lifting up praise to God. 🌟 Such a wonderful song with which to worship!

13. O Come to the Altar by Elevation Worship
To finish our worship session, a classic. What a great reminder of the forgiveness freely offered to us every day! Thank God, His mercies are new every morning! 😄 Thanks to Jesus's sacrifice on the cross, we can be refreshed every moment--every breath is another chance! 💙 

14. Talk Too Much by COIN
A head-bobbing jam to bring the tempo back up. 😻 There's something you should know about me: I love discovering new music. 🙈 COIN is an indie band, and this song by them is just a fun little jam that is perfect if you're in the mood to dance or jump around. 😸

15. Caroline by Sub-Radio OR Hallways by HUNNY
Some indie songs are so obscure that they can't be found on every resource. Because of this, there are two songs for #15: Caroline for YouTube, and Hallways for Spotify. Both are quick, peppy, and 100% danceable. 😃

16. Lullaby by Paradise Fears
Okay, I'll admit it: I listen to this when I miss my long-distance boyfriend. 🙈 The acoustic version is really good too if you're in a quieter mood. 👌 (As a former closet Big Time Rush fan, I'm reminded of Worldwide. 😅 Anyone else?)

17. Gracefully Broken by Matt Redman
Another artist who performed at Passion--again, such an amazing man, with an awesome voice and message through his songs. This song gets back into the worship a little if you felt you didn't get enough before (I know I sure didn't! 😁😂 )

I was just going to leave it at 17, but how could I? Since 2017 is over, and 2018 is here! So here's a bonus for any Spanish-speakers out there. 😉

18. Glorioso Día de Passion ft. Kristian Stanfill
Now I can listen to my favorite song in both English and Spanish! 😸

For Winter Remedy on YouTube, click here

For Winter Remedy on Spotify, click here

That's all I have for you right now! I promise more blog posts will come, talking about Sarah and I's first Passion experience, as well as all that we learned! 💜

With love, H xoxo 💘 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things God Wants His Girls to Know - H

The Truth About Being Low-Key - H

57 Affordable Summer Bucketlist Ideas!! - H