Look Closer

Dearest Lord,                                                                                                       Journal entry: 1/8/2016
Today You brought before my eyes an another analogy. So I was putting on my coat, and my mom took note that this was the coat that had holes on the inside (basically all underneath was all torn up--but I was still wearing it around and it served its purpose for a little while but then things got cold...). The outside I replied to my mom still looked in tact so I wore it and nobody would care (or take notice unless I showed them the holes specifically). It was like BAM! It hit me that hey, this is how a lot of people feel and live like.
They live in this covering (that may appear together and in 'tact' so to speak) but underneath it or they are all torn up! People definitely aren't always what we make out or judge to be from the outside. I learned that you have to look closer to what is on the inside. You may find lots of wreckage and lost hope but hey that's why You, Lord are in my life and guide me, so my undercoat and heart is clean and ready to serve at any moment. Thank You for that love and grace that passes all understanding.
                                                                                                                                     -Amen
Sometimes I find myself hiding behind a curtain of positive reinforcement or that happy-go-lucky spirit, when in reality sometimes I just feel left out, alone, frightened, or that I just do not 'own-up' to being this woman of God everyone expects me to be. When I find myself in this state of doubt, that means I am doubting everything God made me to be and His plans. Yes, I break down but fight to get back up do NOT let the devil run YOUR race or pull you down at the half way point. We were made to thrive as believers and Christ has equipped US right NOW to not hide but embrace who He made us to be and to embrace others wherever He leads us.
So no matter how torn up you may find yourself or look on others and see the sugar coated exterior remember that they too may need an extra hug, prayer, or talk, for today is the day the Lord has made. Choose to embrace others and look for His grace in other's lives and the gift He has given you to live this life for Him, look closer.
                                                                                                      -- Your Forever Friend, Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things God Wants His Girls to Know - H

The Truth About Being Low-Key - H

57 Affordable Summer Bucketlist Ideas!! - H