Dear 2018 - H


Picture credits: pinterest.com
Hello beautiful people, and Happy New Year!

I wouldn't normally consider myself to be the most sentimental person in the world, but the New Year always manages to make me nostalgic. 2018 especially was a year of big things for me. Lots of stuff happened in my life . . . good and bad, unfortunately. But as a writer, I find that no matter how good or bad a story is, there must always be closure. And so now I bring you a letter . . .

Dear 2018,

If there was one word I would use to describe you, it would be change. Never before has my life changed so much and so quickly than in the year 2018. There were many milestones: my eighteenth birthday, my first prom, my first friend breakup, my graduation from high school, my first kiss, my first semester in college.

I also traveled far and wide, from the Dominican Republic all the way to New York City. I laughed and I cried. I grew closer to some people and farther from others. I felt pain like I've never felt before. Pain that made me change, pain that made me broken inside. Pain that, ultimately, brought me closer to God.

Dear 2018 . . . you were my year. I feel like my whole life was leading up to you . . . and now you're gone. Gone, but not forgotten. I learned a lot from you. I learned how to be a good friend. I learned how to take care of myself. I learned how I should be treated--and how to stand up for what I know is right. And if I could say anything to you right now . . . it would be "thank you."

Sincerely,
H

I'm almost crying as I write this. Truly 2018 was the hardest year of my life to date. I have never been so hurt before, and to be honest I'm still healing. But God used 2018 to show me that with Him, I am strong enough to face anything.

I'm not sure where 2019 will take me. But of one thing I am certain: God will be by my side every step of the way. Just like 2018, and all the years before that. Just like all the years to come.
"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD directs their steps." (Proverbs 16:9 NIV)
May the New Year bring blessings upon you, dear one. May you never forget Whose you are. And may you continue to shine His light in the darkness; we need it now more than ever.

- H

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things God Wants His Girls to Know - H

The Truth About Being Low-Key - H

57 Affordable Summer Bucketlist Ideas!! - H