My New Year's Resolutions - H


EMPIEZA A CUMPLIR TUS SUEÑOS
Photo via Pinterest
Translation: And you . . . what have you done to accomplish your dreams?

Hello beautiful people! I hope you are having a wonderful first few weeks of your year! 😁 Any New Year's Resolutions? I have a couple, and they're BIG. I still enjoy partaking in the annual tradition of resolutions, even though the popularity is dying down.

A friend of mine once told me he doesn't do New Year's Resolutions because he believes a person shouldn't wait a whole year to change, and he's right. But I don't know, there's just something about the beginning of the year that fills me with motivation--like how I feel sitting in front of a blank piece of paper, about to start drawing or writing.

There is so much possibility floating about in the air! But you need to find the motivation to reach out and grab it! That's why I make New Year's Resolutions: to motivate myself going into the New Year. I thought I'd take a moment to share my goals for 2019 with you guys, and who knows--maybe you might be inspired too!

First of all, my Word of the Year for 2019 is HOPE. Personally, I've never done a Word of the Year before, but in light of some recent *cough* shtuff that happened in my life, I felt compelled to go into the New Year with a hopeful outlook. Mind over matter. 👌

To go along with my Word of the Year is a fitting Bible Verse of the Year: Psalm 30:5b.
"weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." (KJV)
As I put it in my personal journal, 2018 was my night of weeping. (You can read more about that in my last blog post, "Dear 2018." plug plug plug) By identifying Psalm 30:5b with 2019, I'm making a declaration that this new year shall be my joyful morning! And now without further ado, allow me to present my New Year's Resolutions!
1. To take my TAWG more seriously
TAWG: Time Alone With God. Also known as a devotional time. Like many Christians, I start my day with a devotional and some Bible reading. However, throughout 2018 I found that my devotion time to God was getting to be a chore. And it shouldn't be like that. (Tbh I think that's part of the reason my life started to go to h*ck toward the end there, but that's another story.) This year I want to focus on making my Time Alone With God something unique and special, to where I can actually feel myself progressing spiritually. Already I've focused on making it a time of solitude and isolation, blocking out all other distractions so I can focus solely on God, His Word, and His voice. I lock myself in my room, burn some candles, dim the lights, and put on some meditation music and just soak in His goodness. And honestly, it feels so good.

2. To read at least one book a month
When I was a young chickadee, I was a big reader. I practically devoured books; I loved escaping into that alternate reality for a while, distancing myself from the world. But as I grew older, my time got eaten up by other things. Now I feel as though both my mental health and my vocabulary are suffering. I miss wanting to read. And so I have determined to myself that I will make an effort to read at least one book each month of the year. Last month (December 2018) I read two, so already I'm off to a good start! For January 2019 I've chosen to read All Things Wise and Wonderful by James Herriot, talking about his adventures as a rural veterinarian in the English countryside during the 1940s. (There's also a TV show called All Creatures Great and Small if that's more your speed, 10/10 recommend. 😂)
3. To become more financially savvy
Last year I got my first steady job, which means for the first time in my life I've had a steady income. Unfortunately, as mentioned before there was a lot of ish going on in my life at that time, so I didn't have time to organize the money. Starting this year, I want to be more on top of my finances. I want to tithe regularly and separate my savings from my spendings. Along with that, I want to focus on saving up to buy things I want, instead of relying on other people. I hope that might eventually entail a room makeover, but we shall see. 😉
4. To post more regularly on the blog
Lastly, in 2019 I want to start uploading more regularly on the blog. I know the posting has been erratic almost since the start, and I truly do apologize for that, but starting this year I want to change that. I've already brainstormed a bunch of new ideas to work on in the New Year, and I'm honestly so excited to share them with you guys! 😁

Those are all the big ones, but I have a lot more smaller, individual goals for the new year. For example, for my birthday I would like to get my ears pierced. I also want to flesh out my "style" (of clothing haha!), and in the same vein of time management, I would like to play the piano more and to create a fitness routine. So lots of big goals! Ahhh I'm so excited! I just have so many ideas bouncing around in my head! And so much hope! 😊

If nothing else, I pray that this might be a beacon to you--a beacon of hope. 2018 was a rough year for me, the roughest I've had almost ever, I think. But still the Lord fills me with hope. And if He can do it for me after all I've been through, He most definitely can do it for you too . . . if you let Him. 💘

Much love and God bless,
H ✨

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things God Wants His Girls to Know - H

The Truth About Being Low-Key - H

57 Affordable Summer Bucketlist Ideas!! - H